Sunday, April 24, 2016

Prince R I P

While I was not a huge fan of Prince...Or The Artist Formerly Known As...or what ever he was calling himself...there were a few songs that I enjoyed.  These were a couple I liked.... He was a gifted musician and left his mark.  Rest In Peace, and thank you for the music sir! 
 



Anonymous thank you for the share! Thank you for stoppin by as well! : )


I agree with those of you that commented, while I liked a few songs....I did not follow his music.  It just was not my go to stuff.  His music represents a particular time in my life...not an ongoing experience, and I may find, as I flip through his catalogue that I enjoy much more than I realize.

While I personally know people who were crazy about his work...and therefor understand the media blitz about his death....it does make me question why this much attention cannot be paid to important "things" for lack of a better word....as Livin to Ride mentions on his blog (here) Something To Think About....such as VETS....if we paid them this much attention, maybe they would receive better care, or we would make the right persons aware of their situation...because obviously...the right one hasn't been notified....or simply has been watching all the news about Prince. 

So I guess, it is ultimately our, as a nation's priorities...we idolize those who entertain us and not those that protected and fought for us....THAT is a shame.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked some of his music and haven't heard anything remotely close to his entire catalog. I did find this song a few days ago, but it's not like anything else of his that I had heard.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SwiGfeRPSH8

Livin to Ride said...

it's like a lot of other kinds of music that listen to
when i get bored with it i move on to something else...

link to that post of mine if ya want to
i'm cool with it

Unknown said...

Great musician and showman.

The higher compliment is that like Bowie, he seldom used his platform to push his political ideas on others. He had every opportunity to be annoying and for the most part he stayed out of it.

Sadly its one of those things you don't notice until they are gone.

Unknown said...

I agree with all of you, while I liked a few songs....I did not follow his music. It just was not my go to stuff. His music represents a particular time in my life...not an ongoing experience, and I may find, as I flip through his catalogue that I enjoy much more than I realize.

While I personally know people who were crazy about his work...and therefor understand the media blitz about his death....it does make me question why this much attention cannot be paid to important "things" for lack of a better word....as Livin to Ride mentions on his blog....such as VETS....if we paid them this much attention, maybe they would receive better care, or we would make the right persons aware of their situation...because obviously...the right one hasn't been notified....or simply has been watching all the news about Prince.

So I guess, it is ultimately our as a nation's priorities...we idolize those who entertain us and not those that protected and fought for us....THAT is a shame.

BWBandy said...

My personal favourites are "7" and "Diamonds and Pearls".