Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Bimbimbap

This is traditionally a Korean dish made with Kimchi and marinated beef...I am not a big Kimchi fan...I like this alternative.

California Bimbimbap

California Bimbimbap with Avocado & Kale

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup uncooked brown rice, cooked
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 small zucchini, chopped
  • 1/2 inch ginger finely chopped
  • 1 garlic clove finely chopped
  • 2 handfuls kale (or more, up to you) stems removed
  • avocado slices
  • sesame seeds
  • 2 chopped green onions
  • siracha (not Korean but oh well)
  • egg (as many as you want, I just did one on each bowl)

Directions:

  1. Put a cup of cooked rice in each bowl.
  2. Saute zucchini, ginger and garlic in sesame oil over medium heat about 5 mins or until a little brown but not mushy.
  3. Remove zucchini from pan and put in on corner of bowl on top of rice.
  4. Keep pan hot over medium-high and add kale and 1 Tbsp water. Stir kale until wilted only about 30 seconds.
  5. Add kale to another corner of bowl.
  6. In same pan, add a little more oil and fry egg(s) until cooked but still a bit runny.
  7. Meanwhile, add avocado, green onions, sprinkle of sesame seeds and siracha.
  8. Top with fried egg and serve!
Found Here---->>> Bimbimbap 

2 comments:

drjim said...

I have a very good friend from South Korea.

I told him once I'd eaten "Kimchi" and he started laughing.

He said "I'll bet it's the stuff you get at a Korean BBQ", and I said yes.

He told real Kimchi, like his grandma made, who send a round eyes screaming out of the room.

He brought some in one day, and as soon as he opened the container, I just about lost my lunch!

It's definitely an "acquired taste"!

Unknown said...

I must agree...and I ran from the room too....never acquired the taste....could not get past the smell..ewww.